Health and safety are more than policies at Zuba; they are the foundation of how we work in the field, at our sites, and in our offices. In addition to benefiting our employees through reduced injuries and lost work, our commitment to safety is a leading indicator for our clients of strong performance throughout.
Safety officer is a key person within construction management team for the simple fact that a project cannot be successfully delivered if there are serious incidents occuring.
If we look to latest statistics on the work accidents we find that the construction sector is one of the most hazardous work environment
A knowledgeable safety officer can reduce the incidence rate to “0”
Following are the responsabilities of our construction safety officers:
- Conduct daily Behaviour Observation Surveys
- Implement Safety correction card system
- Write HSE plan
- Own site induction training
- Conduct toolbox meetings
- Review and approve all subcontractors Safety plans
- Verify that injury logs and reports are completed
- Verify that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promote safe practices at the job site.
- Enforce Safety guidelines.
- Conduct investigations of all accidents and near-misses, genarate learning report
- Conduct job hazard analyses MS/RA – Method Statement/Risk assesment
- Establish Safety standards and policies as needed.
- Watch out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste.